Newton 107F - Cementitious Flexible Waterproofing Membrane 30kg
Effectively waterproof concrete and masonry with this tough and flexible cementitious waterproofing membrane from Newton.
Cementitious Waterproof Coating
Newton 107F is a cementitious waterproof coating, designed for waterproofing and protecting concrete and masonry. Tough and flexible, this two-component cementitious membrane is ideal for waterproofing earth-retaining structures, basements, reservoirs, tunnels, water tanks, and covered or buried decks. It’s flexibility lends itself to structures that have both masonry and concrete elements where differential movement is expected.
It can withstand heads of water pressure up to 10 bar of positive pressure and up to 1.5 bar to the negative side of the structure.
Uses of Newton 107F Cementitious Waterproofing Membrane
Newton 107F can be applied to concrete (at least 20kN), screed, masonry, and steel. It is suitable for waterproofing the following:
- Earth-retaining foundation walls to both the positive and negative side
- Podium decks, flat roofs, terraces and balconies
- Water-retaining structures such as water tanks and reservoirs
- Internal concrete surfaces of walls and rafts or slabs to earth-retained structures such as habitable basements, car parks, plant rooms and lift-pits
- For walls, it can deal with both positive and negative pressure. Decks positive pressure and slabs/rafts and soffits negative pressure.
Applying Newton 107F
Newton 107F is easy to apply and can be applied by brush, roller, trowel or squeegee. For larger jobs, it can be spray applied with an airless sprayer for convenience and speed.
Mixing - Newton 107F is easy to mix on site as the two components are prepackaged. Shake the bottle (PART A) thoroughly and pour into a clean mixing bucket. Next add the powder (PART B) slowly whilst mixing slowly. You should now mix for 5 minutes until the product is smooth and contains as little air as possible. It’s important to scrape the sides of the mixing vessel continuously to help prevent lumps forming. You should make sure that all of part A is mixed with all of part B. You need to use the cementitious coating without delay.
Applying the coating - The fully mixed slurry can be applied by brush, roller, squeegee, trowel or Pin Leveller.
Note: To ensure that there is no air entrapped into the surface of horizontal applications, you should wear spiked shoes and use a spiked roller as soon as the product is placed.
When two coats are required, the second coat can be applied when the first coat is still ‘green’ and slightly tacky. It can also be applied up to five days after the first coat has been applied. After five days, the first coat will need to be washed to remove dust.
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
Permagard are proud to stock a wide range of Newton membranes and waterproofing products. If you have any questions about Newton cementitious membranes or cementitious tanking in general contact our technical team on 0117 982 3282.
- Maintains its flexible properties even under immersed conditions to accommodate movement in cracks
- Excellent adhesion to correctly prepared concrete, masonry, and steel
- Low permeability to water and carbon dioxide gas
- A 2mm coat provides the equivalent to 135mm of good quality concrete cover
- Suitable for damp substrates in temperatures down to 5°C
- Water-based product that is non-toxic when cured
|Packaging:||Two component units|
|Size:||Two components totaling 30kg|
|Dilution:||Mix the two components together to activate the product for use.|
|Coverage:||3.2 kg/m² @ Membrane thickness - 2.0 mm in two coats|
|Country of Manufacture:||United Kingdom|
Need more information?
Thank you for leaving a review on this product!
If you need more help, check out the downloads for more product information, or our fantastic Help & Advice centre!
Review this product
Share your thoughts about this product with other customers, write a review.