Lignum Masonry Biocide ProM50 1L Box Of 10
Professional concentrated product containing a biocide specially formulated for the eradication of dry rot in masonry & brickwork
Masonry Biocide Bulk Buy
Lignum Pro Masonry Biocide is a biocide treatment based on microemulsion technology which produces a formulation with a particle size in the nanometre range. This tiny particle size allows the formulation to penetrate deep into masonry/brickwork to deliver the active ingredient (biocide). The formulation provides high active loading, rapid rates of absorption combined with excellent penetrationmaking it ideal for use in the eradication of dry rot (Serpula Lacrymans) in all types of masonry and brickwork.
Lignum Pro Masonry Biocide is effective when used to eradicate and stop the spread of dry rot fungus in masonry and brickwork. It can be used as a sub floor oversite steriliser where necessary in areas of dry rot out-breaks. It can also be used in gauging water for the re-rendering of treated masonry or brickwork. The formulation is water-based, virtually odourless, non-flammable, quick drying and containing no volatile organic compounds (VOC’s). The concentrated product is diluted with water to make 25 litres of ready to use fluid.
How Masonry Biocide Treats Dry Rot
Microemulsion technology enables the biocide to penetrate deep into the masonry or brickwork, delivering the active ingredient IPBC with rapid rates of absorption. The biocide then targets the fungus, stopping it from spreading.
How to use Masonry Biocide
Follow these steps to eradicate dry rot from masonry and brickwork:
- The first step is to identify and rectify the cause of dampness associated with the dry rot outbreak. There are a number of reasons for dry rot including leaking gutters, poor ventilation, and rising damp.
- Determine the extent of the dry rot outbreak. You will need to open up the affected area to identify the infected timbers.
- Once you have identified the infected timbers, it is recommended that you cutback the timbers in-situ to 500mm beyond the last signs of fungal growth or strands.
- Remove plaster and render in all directions.
- Clean the wall area to remove surface growth and strands. A stiff brush can be used on the walls if required.
- You are now in a position to spray, brush or inject the masonry biocide. For surface sterilisation, saturate surface of wall using a course spray.
- Where fungal growth is extensive i.e. penetrated the wall structure, then irrigate the wall through holes drilled two thirds of the wall depth at staggered 230mm centres and at a downward angle into the mortar beds so as to ensure full penetration.
Dilutution: 1L + 24L water to give 25L of ready to use Masonry Biocide
Coverage may vary with the properties of the substrate but these are guidelines:
Surface Spray: (1 - 2 coats) 1 litre of diluted product per 5m² of surface
Irrigation: 10 litres of diluted product per 1m3
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY
- Specially formulated for the eradication of dry rot in masonry & brickwork
- Provides deep and even penetration ensuring long term protection
- Microemulsion water based formulation
- Zero VOC’s
- Quick drying
- BS EN Standards
|Size:||1 Litre Bottles (box of 10 units)|
|Dilution:||1 litre concentrate dilutes with 24 litres of clean water to make 25 litres of ready to use Masonry Biocide|
|Coverage:||Minimum coverage depending on surface. Surface Spray: (1 - 2 coats) 1 litre of diluted product per 5m² of surface Irrigation: 10 litres of diluted product per 1m3|
|HSE Registration No:||10177|
|Country of Manufacture:||United Kingdom|