Extremely strong acrylic membrane glue for bonding a variety of membranes.
Adhesive membrane sealant
This pure acrylic membrane adhesive is ideal for bonding membranes where they overlap. The specially formulated and high strength adhesive comes on a reinforced polyethylene cover film with release paper for ease of use.
It delivers an extremely high bond strength and outstanding aging resistance.
Applications of membrane adhesives
The membrane adhesive tape is suitable with the following membrane materials:
- Polyethylene - (PE)
- Polypropylene - (PP)
- HD polyethylene - (HDPE)
This means that this adhesive can be used on the following membrane types:
- Damp Proofing Membranes
- Cavity Drain Membranes
- Green Roof Membranes
- Root Barrier Membranes
- Roof Breather Membranes
- Roofing Membranes
- Geotextile Membranes
It can also work on planed wood, chipboard, metal, rigid plastics and glass.
How to use membrane adhesive
It is recommended that you test the bonding performance on site before fixing your main membranes.
- Ensure that the membranes or other substrates are completely dry and free from any debris, dust, grease etc. You want to avoid any substance that will stop the super strength membrane glue from achieving maximum adhesion.
- The membranes you are gluing together should be in position and fastened so that they are free from tension and any wrinkles. The same goes for any overlap seals.
- When applying the adhesive tape to the membrane, it should be free from tension and shear or peeling stress. We recommend using a roller or similar so that pressure is evenly distributed along the adhesive tape. This helps achieve the optimum bonding results. The adhesive strength gradually builds up over time.
Important note: Ensure that no tension builds up after taping e.g. when battens are mounted under vapour barriers to prevent sagging.
Permagard – Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
If you have any questions about any membrane project or specifically about sealing membranes get in contact with our expert team.
- Suitable for a wide range of membranes
- Outstanding age resistance
- Extremely strong bond
|Size:||60mm x 25m|
|Dilution:||Ready to use|
|Country of Manufacture:||Germany|