MB 2K+ Multi Purpose Flexible Tanking
Remmers MB 2K+ brings together a crack bridging, mineral-based sealer with a polymer modified thick emulsion in one extremely high quality product. This convenient all-in-one waterproof coating covers the entire range of waterproofing protection for buildings.
MB 2K Plus has been specially designed to deliver the ultimate in performance in the shortest possible time, cutting project times significantly.
Remmers MB2K+ is supplied as a 25kg unit, within this unit is three packs of the powder component and three of the liquid component which allows users to part mix the MB2K+ depending on the size of the project.
Benefits of Remmers MB 2K+
MB 2K+ offers a range of benefits:
- Shortest possible drying time, regardless of weather conditions - cuts out inconvenient waiting times and avoids complicated layer systems
- Impressive flexibility, compressive strength and tensile strength - meets the most demanding requirements for all types of below ground waterproofing
- Excellent adhesive capacity - sticks to sound old bitumen emulsion as well as new bitumen waterproofing, meaning it can be used when waterproofing older basements, saving significant time on the preparation.
- Impervious to radon gas - protects homeowners from Radon as part of gas resistant waterproofing system.
Uses of MB 2K+ Flexible Tanking Slurry
MB 2K+ can be used for the following applications:
- Rapid waterproofing of external below ground structures up to 8m deep.
- Rapid waterproofing of podium decks, balconies & wetrooms.
- Rapid waterproofing of basements subject to movement or vibration.
- Rapid waterproofing of subterranean structures below decks or hard landscaping.
- Waterproofing of new build structures in accordance with BS8102.
- Type A (Barrier) system in conjunction with PermaSEAL drainage membranes.
- As attachment cement for perimeter insulation.
- As a horizontal barrier against rising damp in masonry work.
- As a highly flexible building and plinth waterproofing material.
Important note: For surfaces with high absorption or no “key”, you should use Kiesol MB Primer - a ready-to-use waterproofing primer that is applied prior to the flexible tanking slurry.
How to apply MB 2K+
Make sure the substrate is clean, dry, and flat (remove any projecting seams and mortar).
Stir the liquid component of MB 2K with a suitable mixing tool. Next, loosen the powder component and add all of it to the liquid component. Mix for approximately one minute and then stop to allow any air to escape the mixture. Remove any powder that’s adhered to the side of the bucket, before mixing for a further two minutes. We recommend keeping the mixing tool near the bottom of the bucket while mixing.
How you apply MB 2K+ depends on your application and the desired results. Download the DataSheet for more application details covering vertical and horizontal waterproofing.
How to Apply MB 2K+ Video
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
Permagard are proud stockists and specifiers of Remmers Multi Tight MB 2K Plus. It is part of our wider range of high quality damp proofing and basement waterproofing products. Any questions on the best waterproofing solution then contact our experts.
Browse our full range of tanking products.
- Sticks to old bitumens & all mineral substrates
- Highly flexible & crack bridging
- Radon Certified Protection - Impervious to radon gas
- Can be brushed or trowel applied
- High compressive strength
- Quickly rain tight because of fast reacting components
- Type A Barrier System
- Internal and external waterproofing
- Complies to BS8102:2022
|Packaging:||25kg unit containing 3 x liquid components (3.5kg each) and 3 x powder components (4.8kg each)|
|Dilution:||Mix one liquid component with one powder component|
|Coverage:||Application rate 1.6kg/m² per coat (2 coats required). (15m² for a single coat per 25kg unit or 7.5m² for two coats). For a 1mm dry layer thickness apply at 1.1 kg/m². For all situations 3mm dry layer thickness is sufficient. See technical data sheet for|
|CE Mark:||0761 - EN 14891:2012 + AC: 2012|
|Country of Manufacture:||Germany|
Need more information?
Thank you for leaving a review on this product!
If you need more help, check out the downloads for more product information, or our fantastic Help & Advice centre!
Review this product
Share your thoughts about this product with other customers, write a review.