MB 2K+ Building Waterproofer
Remmers Multi Tight MB 2K+ is a combination of a crack bridging, mineral-based sealer (MDS) and polymer modified thick emulsion (PMB) all-in-one product, covering the entire range of waterproofing protection for buildings.
The hybrid binding system has been developed to have the shortest possible drying time, independent of weather conditions. It also has complete cross-linking while at the same time reacting extremely quickly with the modified rubber granulate aggregate.
Flexibility, compressive strength and tensile strength also meet the most demanding requirements for all types of below ground waterproofing. Multi Tight 2K Plus cuts out inconvenient waiting times for drying and the application of complicated varying layer systems.
For waterproofing older basements, a cement-based waterproofing grout is normally used. However, this has a distinctive downside - it will only bond to cement or mineral-based surfaces. This means that for old buildings, any old bitumen emulsion on the surface has to be thoroughly removed before applying a new waterproofing layer. Problems like these are a thing of the past with Multi Tight 2K. The excellent adhesive capacity of Multi Tight 2K+ allows it to stick to sound old bitumen emulsion as well as new bitumen waterproofing – including any type of clean cement-based surface, saving significant time on the preparation.
For building materials with poor absorption, you should use Kiesol MB Primer - a ready-to-use waterproofing primer that is applied prior to the flexible tanking slurry.
Uses of Multi Tight Flexible Tanking Slurry
Multi Tight MB 2K+ can be used for the following:
- Rapid waterproofing of tanks, podium decks, balconies, wet rooms and basements in one day - can be applied 3 metres below ground.
- Waterproofing in new buildings
- According to DIN 18195, protection against exterior damp and water pressure.
- For waterproofing under ceramic tiles in indoor and outdoor areas.
- As attachment cement for perimeter insulation.
- As a horizontal barrier against rising damp in masonry work.
- As a highly flexible building and plinth waterproofing material
- As a mineral interior waterproofing system according to WTA Code of Practice 4-6
- For waterproofing construction joints on water impermeable basements by bedding Remmers Reinforcement Fabric
Multi Tight 2K+ Coverage
Load group Layer thickness (mm) Application rate (kg/m²) Ground damp > 2.0 > 2.2 Non-standing seepage water, seepage water > 2.0 > 2.2 Water reservoirs with a water depth < 5 m > 3.2 > 3.4 Ground damp, non-standing seepage water, moisture > 3 > 3.3 Standing seepage water and exterior water pressure > 4 > 4.4 Scratch coat - > 1.1 Attachment cement for perimeter insulation - > 1.5
Multi Tight 2K+ Improvements
The next generation MB 2K+ has seen a whole range of improvements to an already market-leading product. No matter what the application you only required 3mm of Multi Tight. This all round product has unbeatable crack bridging qualities:
- Reduction of consumption to 1.1 kg/m² per mm dry layer thickness
- Improved crack bridging ≥ 3 mm at ≥ 3 mm dry layer thickness
- Tested water pressure tight up to 3 m at ≥ 3 mm dry layer thickness, tested water pressure tight up to 8 m at ≥ 4 mm dry film thickness
- Radon-tight at ≥ 4 mm dry layer thickness according to test report by Dr. Kemski
- Improved processing through increased thixotropy
For more information on Multi Tight tanking slurry or any other external waterproofing products contact our expert team on 0117 982 3282.
- Environmentally friendly and solvent free
- Sticks to old bitumens
- Highly flexible & crack bridging
- Can be brushed, troweled or sprayed
- Combines the properties of flexible and crack-bridging mineral waterproofing grouts
- High compressive strength
- Quickly rain tight because of fast reacting components
- Adheres to all mineral substrates and old bitumen based substrates
- For use on vertical and horizontal surfaces and under screeds
- UV resistant
- Resistant to algae, rot and de-icing salt
- Resistant to frost and ageing
- Strong adhesion to the substrate, water pressure tight even with a negative water load
- Corresponds to the Codes of Practice and guidelines for waterproofing buildings with PMB and crack-bridging MWG
- Exceeds the material properties required by DIN 18195 for building waterproofing
- Radon Certified Protection - Impervious to radon gas
Model: RMMT SKU RMMT Manufacturer: Remmers Packaging: 25kg unit containing 3 x liquid components (3.5kg each) and 3 x powder components (4.8kg each) Size: 25 Kg Dilution: Mix one liquid component with one powder component Coverage: Application rate 1.6kg/m² per coat (2 coats required). (15m² for a single coat per 25kg unit or 7.5m² for two coats). For a 1mm dry layer thickness apply at 1.1 kg/m². For all situations 3mm dry layer thickness is sufficient. See technical data sheet for Colour Grey CE Mark EN 14891:2012 + AC: 2012 Country of Manufacture: Germany
ImpressedFirstly, great service from Permagard, so buy with confidence.
I work in the building trade, although the products I've recently purchased are not the usual materials or scenarios that I deal with.
Recently purchase a 1930's semi which has suspended timber floors downstairs and a history of water getting under the floor. Probably the biggest part of the problem was surface water making its way into the property due to the gradient of the drive, coupled with no drains, but the ground is also notorious for being water logged. I decided to dig down to the concrete raft foundation externally to see what was going on. I only want to do this job once, so I chased out the old crumbly mortar and repointed and left the below ground brickwork to dry out for a couple of weeks. I applied the Kiesol primer about half hour or so in preparation for the MB2K.
Having never used the product before and not knowing the coverage, I used some scales to weigh out half of the powder and half of the liquid to obtain the correct ratio, rather than using a full pack of each. I initially used this as my 'scratch coat' which I applied by brush and found that this gave me approx 6m2. Using the brush meant I could really work it in before applying the proper 2 coats by trowel. I used the same approach, mixing up half of each pack and this gave me approx 3m2 when applied by trowel. Working this way, I didn't end up with any wastage and could do small manageable continuous hits, especially as I was unsure of the 'pot life' being a first time user.
I used 2 clean 10l paint tubs, one to mix in and the other full of water to clean tools. A small paint whisk in a cordless drill is perfect for mixing and get yourself an 11 inch or similar 'cheap' trowel and not your best plastering trowel to apply. A bucket trowel is useful to aid mixing and useful for loading the trowel directly during application.
The product mixes nicely and has a good consistency, so doesn't slide off the trowel as long as you don't load too much on. Easy to clean tools after with water, but don't leave too long. Would also recommend some PVC or similar gloves.
All in all, reasonably straightforward to use, just plan ahead and go steady.
Price Value Quality
Permagard Reply:Hi Christian, Thank you for leaving such a detailed review - we really appreciate it! It is so great to hear customer feedback and we are sure this review will be helpful for other customers. The Permagard Team
top notchfantastic product for waterproofing our balcony worth the money as solved th leak
Quality Price Value
fantasticMy contractor laid Multi Tight over our balcony which had bitumen residue on to provide a water proof membrane before tiling. Fantastic product that saved us a lot of time and effort removing the old residue.
Quality Price Value
Above and beyondExtremely impressed with Multi Tight, fabulous product which exceeded my expectations, I have used it to waterproof externally above my cellar and also in the celler where an existing bitumen tanking system failed. So glad I didn't have to remove the bitumen which would have taken ages! One down side is the cost however due to volumes required Gregg did me a discounted price which eased the strain on the wallet! Highly recommended and will use again.
Price Value Quality
Expensive but brilliantFirstly this is an expensive product when you compare it to other tanking materials however it is a brilliant product, its so multi use and you can use it over existing bitumen coatings which saves all of the time removing them. Truly first class product not for every job but certainly has its place in my arsenal when waterproofing.
Price Value Quality