MB 2K+ Building Waterproofer
Remmers Multi Tight MB 2K+ is a combination of a crack bridging, mineral-based sealer (MDS) and polymer modified thick emulsion (PMB) all-in-one product, covering the entire range of waterproofing protection for buildings.
The hybrid binding system has been developed to have the shortest possible drying time, independent of weather conditions. It also has complete cross-linking while at the same time reacting extremely quickly with the modified rubber granulate aggregate.
Flexibility, compressive strength and tensile strength also meet the most demanding requirements for all types of below ground waterproofing. Multi Tight 2K Plus cuts out inconvenient waiting times for drying and the application of complicated varying layer systems.
For waterproofing older basements, a cement-based waterproofing grout is normally used. However, this has a distinctive downside - it will only bond to cement or mineral-based surfaces. This means that for old buildings, any old bitumen emulsion on the surface has to be thoroughly removed before applying a new waterproofing layer. Problems like these are a thing of the past with Multi Tight 2K. The excellent adhesive capacity of Multi Tight 2K+ allows it to stick to sound old bitumen emulsion as well as new bitumen waterproofing – including any type of clean cement-based surface, saving significant time on the preparation.
For building materials with poor absorption, you should use Kiesol MB Primer - a ready-to-use waterproofing primer that is applied prior to the flexible tanking slurry.
Uses of Multi Tight Flexible Tanking Slurry
Multi Tight MB 2K+ can be used for the following:
- Rapid waterproofing of tanks, podium decks, balconies, wet rooms and basements in one day - can be applied 3 metres below ground.
- Waterproofing in new buildings
- According to DIN 18195, protection against exterior damp and water pressure.
- For waterproofing under ceramic tiles in indoor and outdoor areas.
- As attachment cement for perimeter insulation.
- As a horizontal barrier against rising damp in masonry work.
- As a highly flexible building and plinth waterproofing material
- As a mineral interior waterproofing system according to WTA Code of Practice 4-6
- For waterproofing construction joints on water impermeable basements by bedding Remmers Reinforcement Fabric
Multi Tight 2K+ Coverage
|Load group||Layer thickness (mm)||Application rate (kg/m²)|
|Ground damp||> 2.0||> 2.2|
|Non-standing seepage water, seepage water||> 2.0||> 2.2|
|Water reservoirs with a water depth < 5 m||> 3.2||> 3.4|
|Ground damp, non-standing seepage water, moisture||> 3||> 3.3|
|Standing seepage water and exterior water pressure||> 4||> 4.4|
|Scratch coat||-||> 1.1|
|Attachment cement for perimeter insulation||-||> 1.5|
Multi Tight 2K+ Improvements
The next generation MB 2K+ has seen a whole range of improvements to an already market-leading product. No matter what the application you only required 3mm of Multi Tight. This all round product has unbeatable crack bridging qualities:
- Reduction of consumption to 1.1 kg/m² per mm dry layer thickness
- Improved crack bridging ≥ 3 mm at ≥ 3 mm dry layer thickness
- Tested water pressure tight up to 3 m at ≥ 3 mm dry layer thickness, tested water pressure tight up to 8 m at ≥ 4 mm dry film thickness
- Radon-tight at ≥ 4 mm dry layer thickness according to test report by Dr. Kemski
- Improved processing through increased thixotropy
For more information on Multi Tight tanking slurry or any other external waterproofing products contact our expert team on 0117 982 3282.
- Environmentally friendly and solvent free
- Sticks to old bitumens
- Highly flexible & crack bridging
- Can be brushed, troweled or sprayed
- Combines the properties of flexible and crack-bridging mineral waterproofing grouts
- High compressive strength
- Quickly rain tight because of fast reacting components
- Adheres to all mineral substrates and old bitumen based substrates
- For use on vertical and horizontal surfaces and under screeds
- UV resistant
- Resistant to algae, rot and de-icing salt
- Resistant to frost and ageing
- Strong adhesion to the substrate, water pressure tight even with a negative water load
- Corresponds to the Codes of Practice and guidelines for waterproofing buildings with PMB and crack-bridging MWG
- Exceeds the material properties required by DIN 18195 for building waterproofing
- Radon Certified Protection - Impervious to radon gas
|Packaging:||25kg unit containing 3 x liquid components (3.5kg each) and 3 x powder components (4.8kg each)|
|Dilution:||Mix one liquid component with one powder component|
|Coverage:||Application rate 1.6kg/m² per coat (2 coats required). (15m² for a single coat per 25kg unit or 7.5m² for two coats). For a 1mm dry layer thickness apply at 1.1 kg/m². For all situations 3mm dry layer thickness is sufficient. See technical data sheet for|
|CE Mark:||EN 14891:2012 + AC: 2012|
|Country of Manufacture:||Germany|