Newton Geodrain Membrane
Newton 410 Geodrain is a two-core drainage sheet consisting of a non-woven geotextile filter layer thermally welded to a water impermeable HDPP (High Density Polypropylene) drainage membrane. Newton 410 Geodrain provides outstanding drainage and protection to the outside face of basement walls and under basement rafts, preventing the build-up of water pressure and protecting the structure from aggressive water, chemicals and toxins.
Newton 410 Geodrain Typical Applications:
- As the drainage layer of an externally applied waterproofing system when used in conjunction with sheet applied or liquid applied external tanking membrane to BS8102:2009
- Protection of the structure from aggressive chemicals in the ground water
- To prevent the build up of ground water to the outside of retaining walls and rafts
Newton 410 Geodrain Installation Diagram:
Newton 410 Geodrain Installation Advice:
- A fillet should be formed where the basement wall meets the footing.
- External walls should be damp-proofed with a paint on bitumen based product (Newton 109 LM) prior to installation of the Geodrain.
- Newton 410 Geodrain should be fixed in the top row of studs at 250mm centres.
- Place footing drain 200mm below basement floor level.
- For a neat finish Newton Geostrip should be used to cap the top of the membrane at ground level.
- Use perforated pipe for the land drain or french drain.
- Protect the Newton 410 Geodrain with backfill protection board.
- Use a well drained backfill, and protect the backfill with Geotex filter fabric.
- Slope ground away from retaining wall where possible or drain well.
- Newton 410 Geodrain should always be used in conjunction with a land drain or french drain connected to efficient outlets to remove drained water
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
Permagard are proud to stock a wide range of Newton membranes and waterproofing products. If you have any questions about Newton green roof or drainage membranes contact our technical team on 0117 982 3282.
- Prevents water pressure from bearing against the structure
- Resistant to all chemicals normally found in the ground
- Withstands stresses and movement acting as a slip membrane as the backfill settles
- Allows for backfilling with excavated earth
- Extremely strong material, minimising the risk of damage when backfilling even when no protection board is used
- High compressive strength
- Suspended soil particles (fines) are filtered out by the geotextile layer
- Quick and easy to install with a range of ancillary fixing and installation products
Model: JN410G25 SKU JN410G25 Manufacturer: Newton Waterproofing Packaging: individual roll Size: 2m x 12.5m x 10mm Coverage: 25m² Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom