Clear Meshed Damp Proofing Membrane - 40m²
Newton 805 Newlath is a composite damp proofing membrane comprising of high density polypropylene membrane with a rot-proof polythene mesh heat welded during the manufacturing process to the surface of one side. The meshed surface creates a mechanical key to allow the membrane to be plastered, rendered or to receive dot & dab plasterboard.
Newton 805 Newlath can also be used externally as the render base membrane to timber frame houses and to protect conventionally built properties which are suffering from penetrating dampness through failed mortar joints. Formally Newlath 2000, Newton 805 Newlath is one of a range of membranes within the Newton System 800 range of damp proofing products. If the meshed surface is not required because the wall finish will be a block wall or timber or metal frame, use Newton 803 instead.
Newton 805 Newlath is 0.5mm thick and has a pattern of raised studs linked by reinforcing ribs. The 5mm studs face the wall and create air channels that allow for vapour equalisation to take place between the membrane and the wall.
The meshed membrane is light, clean and easy to handle. It can be cut with a sharp knife, scissors or shears. The membrane is inert and is highly resistant to water, alkalis, saline solutions and organic acids, and it is not affected by minerals. It is also resistant to bacteria, fungi and there small organisms.
Newton 805 Newlath is guaranteed against deterioration for 30 years, has a life expectancy of at least 50 years and is supported by BBA Certification Certificate Number 00/3716
Newton 805 Newlath Typical Applications:
- As a damp proof base for renders, plasters or dot & dab plasterboard
- As a damp proofing system to deal with rising damp
- To protect exposed elevations against wind-driven rain
- An external plaster base for timber frame structures
- Provides a surface that is totally separated and unaffected by the dampness within the wall ensuring that the wall finish will never be affected by moisture or salts
- Superb 'key' for renders or plasters
- No need to use injected damp proof courses which unnecessarily pump chemicals into the property
- Completely moisture resistant but allows vapour diffusion
- Quick and easy to install
- In many cases, the existing render can be left on the wall
- No requirement for damaging preparation to the wall surface
Model: JN805M40 SKU JN805M40 Manufacturer: Newton Waterproofing Packaging: individually Size: 2m x 20m x 3mm Coverage: 40m² BBA Certificate: Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom