PermaSEAL 3 Damp Proof Membrane Kit 1.2m x 20m
A high quality 3mm mesh membrane kit that contains all you need to damp proof internal walls with high salt bands. Isolate damp walls from new finishes, protecting against damp & the reappearance of salts.
Damp Proof Mesh Membrane for High Salt Bands
Our damp proof high salt band membrane kit contains all you need to damp proof internal walls that are contaminated with hygroscopic salts.
The kit includes a membrane specifically designed for application on to damp walls above ground where high salt bands are present. With a height of 1.2 metres, it is taller than the standard mesh membrane. This means it can effectively deal with high tide marks caused by salts from rising damp. It is also more convenient for use on salt contaminated surfaces such as chimney breasts.
Once the underlying damp issue is resolved, the kit will allow you to create a physical barrier to prevent further damage and salt contamination. The mesh provides an excellent key for a range of finishes including dot and dab plaster board or direct rendering.
The High Salt Band Membrane Kit includes:
- 1 x Roll of PermaSEAL 1.2m x 20m 3mm Meshed Membrane (24m²)
- 2 x PermaSEAL Plaster Plugs 60mm (200)
- 2 x PermaSEAL Sealing washers (200)
- 1 x 8mm x 160mm Masonry Drill bit
Mesh Membrane Kit for Walls with High Salt Bands (H3)
The PermaSEAL 3 mesh membrane kit is ideal for damp walls with high salt bands. It is specifically designed to be applied to damp walls to isolate them from new finishes. The membrane kit’s PermaSEAL 3 mesh membrane is impervious to moisture and moisture vapour. This means they create a barrier between the old surface and your new finish. This effectively isolates damp walls and prevents any new salt deposits on the surface plaster and damage to decoration.
Salt Contaminated Walls and Damp Proofing
PermaSEAL 3 Mesh membrane is the ideal product for isolating salt contaminated surfaces. These surfaces can often appear damp in periods of high humidity. The hygroscopic salts that are contained in the surface attract the damp in the air to the surface giving the appearance of a darker, damp patch. This is often misdiagnosed as penetrating or rising damp. The membrane simply isolates the background contaminated substrate from the new finish alleviating any signs of damp.
High Salt Membrane Installation
The mesh membrane installation is straightforward. Once the underlying damp issue has been resolved or a new injection damp proof course has been installed, you can simply apply the mesh membrane to the wall. Follow these steps:
- Clean the substrate to obtain as flat a surface as possible. Remove any damaged, loose or crumbling plaster.
- Cut the membrane to size with a sharp knife or scissors.
- Fix the 3mm membrane (with the mesh facing outward) to the surface with plugs. It can be fitted horizontally or vertically.
Jointing - The 3mm mesh membrane can be easily bent around corners as it is a very flexible material. Alternatively, it can be butt jointed and sealed with PermaSEAL Fleece Overstrip.
Finishing - Plasterboard panels can be fixed to the membrane by the dot and dab method (minimum of 50% board coverage with the dab adhesive), giving a dry surface ready for immediate decoration.
For more information on all aspects of installation including jointing and finishing, which plaster to apply and how to avoid bridging view the Download tab.
PermaSEAL - Complete Solutions. Made Possible.
Our PermaSEAL mesh membrane high salt kits provide a complete solution to your damp proofing and salt needs. If you have any questions around installing mesh membranes or damp proofing in general, give us a call on 0117 982 3282. Our experts are on hand to answer your questions.
- Kit contains all you need to get the job done except for a drill
- 1.2 metre height designed specifically for high salt lines & high walls
- High quality mesh damp proofing membrane
- Ideal for internal damp proofing
- Ideal when space is a premium
- Provides an excellent key
- Life expectancy of at least 50 years
- High compressive loading stability
- Highly resistant to water, alkalis, saline solutions and organic minerals
- Resistant to bacteria, fungi and other small organisms
|Packaging:||As a kit|
|Size:||1.2m (H) x 20m (L) x 3mm (Stud depth)|
|Country of Manufacture:||United Kingdom|