Damp Proof Membrane Kit - 20m²
Our damp proof membrane kit is specifically designed for application on to internal damp walls to isolate them from new finishes. The 3mm meshed membrane provides a firm key and impermeable barrier on any damp or deteriorating surface.
The membrane can be installed straight after the insertion of a new damp proof course. It can be rendered or dot and dabbed immediately after completion of the membrane installation, significantly cutting down the time of the remedial work.
The Damp Proofing Mesh Membrane Kit includes:
- 1 x Roll of PermaSEAL 1m x 20m 3mm Meshed Membrane (20m²)
- 400 x PermaSEAL Plaster Plugs 70mm
- 400 x PermaSEAL Sealing washers
- 1 x 7mm Masonry Drill bit
How Damp Proof Membranes Work
After the underlying damp issue is resolved, the damp proof membrane is applied to create a physical barrier between the old surface finish and the new internal finish. The 3mm membrane is impervious to moisture and moisture vapour. This prevents any future discolouration and salt deposits on the surface plaster and decoration.
Damp Proof Membrane Installation
Once the new injection damp proof course has been injected, you can simply apply the membrane to the walls affected then either dot and dab or render directly to it.
- Clean the substrate to obtain as flat a surface as possible. Remove any damaged, loose or crumbling plaster.
- Cut the membrane to size with a sharp knife or scissors.
- Fix the 3mm membrane (with the mesh facing outward) to a surface with plugs. It can be fitted horizontally or vertically.
Jointing - The 3mm membrane can be easily bent around corners as it is a very flexible material. Alternatively, it can be butt jointed.
Finishing - Plasterboard panels can be fixed to the membrane by the dot and dab method, giving a dry surface ready for immediate decoration.
Although plasterboard is the most popular option, plywood boards and other moisture resistant boards can be used.
For more information on all aspects of installation including jointing and finishing, which plaster to apply and how to avoid bridging view the Download tab.
Damp Proofing Internal Walls Video:
Watch this video to see just how easy it is to install a damp proof membrane to protect your internal walls from damp.
- Can be used on virtually any internal surface
- Provides a good key for new finishes
- Impenetrable barrier for damp & salts
- Provides long lasting protection, and is effective for the remaining life of the building
- Increases the insulation of the room
- Bridges cracks in the substrate
- Can be decorated as soon as installation is completed
- Speeds up remedial and redecoration work
- Can easily be bent round corners
Model: PSDPK20 SKU PSDPK20 Manufacturer: Permagard Packaging: as a kit Size: 1m x 20m x 3mm Coverage: 20m² Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom
PermaSEAL 3 Mesh Installation Guide (149.1 KB)
Other Products You May Be Interested In