Microshield Ultra is a water-based masonry waterproofing cream designed to impart long-lasting and reliable water repellence combined with a strong beading effect to mineral substances such as brickwork and façades.
Microshield Ultra provides comprehensive protection for brickwork and façade against efflorescence and destruction by water soluble pollutants as well as against frost damage and the attack of micro organisms.
Furthermore, surfaces treated with Microshield Ultra can also benefit from improved thermal performance, reducing heat loss through “wet” walls, improving the indoor environment and saving you money.
Microshield Ultra is a creamy impregnating agent based on silanes and siloxanes. It protects the material while preserving the water vapour permeability, without affecting the visual appearance of the surface. Water simply beads and runs off, and the material can maintain its natural moisture balance. The remarkable penetration of this masonry waterproofing cream into the substrate guarantees exceptionally long-lasting and reliable protection from penetrating damp.
Microshield Ultra is suitable for use on most kinds of mineral substances for example:
- Bricks and clinker
- Natural stone
- Porous concrete
Microshield Ultra is particularly suited for concrete repair and remedial works.
Substrates treated with Microshield Ultra will exhibit a strong beading effect which develops within 7 days of treatment. The beading effect will last between 2-3 years depending on the substrate condition and exposure to weather conditions.
- Professional Grade Masonry Water Repellent
- Simple, drip-free application with unproblematic overhead workability
- Single coat application required
- Water based and solvent-free
- Alkaline stable
- Brush, roller or spray applied
- Does not form a film on the surface
- Fully “Breathable” system
- Extra ordinary penetration depth, due to the long contact time with the material surface
- Can be applied without any loss, in one single step and without material running
- Exhibits a strong beading effect (2-3 years)
- Long life protection due to extra ordinary penetration depth (20-30 Years)
- Tested to DIN 18180, EN 15148:2002
Model: WRMC20 SKU WRMC20 Manufacturer: Permagard Packaging: Individual Size: 20 litre Dilution: Ready to use Coverage: 4-5 m² per litre, 80-100m² per 20 litre Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom
Can Microshield Ultra Masonry Protection Cream be applied to a painted surface?
The Microshield Ultra cannot be applied to a painted surface. The paint will act as a barrier to the deeply penetrating cream hence the cream must be applied directly to the untreated substrate. The Microshield Ultra can be overcoated with paint once the product has cured after 28 days.