Waterproof Concrete with Newton 104
Newton 104 provides in-depth protection to newly poured concrete by preventing moisture from travelling through capillaries and hairline cracks. It is applied directly to the surface of concrete either by:
- sprinkling over the wet concrete before it cures, or
- making it up into a slurry and applying by brush to the prepared surface
This concrete waterproofer consists of Portland cement, specially treated quartz sand and a compound of active chemicals. These active chemicals combine with the free lime and moisture in the concrete’s capillaries to form insoluble crystalline complexes. These effectively block up the capillaries as well as any minor shrinkage cracks to prevent any further movement of moisture. The end result is a totally dry surface to your concrete.
Newton 104 penetrates deep into the concrete and this means it doesn’t leave any physical membrane on the surface of the concrete. This effectively means there is no membrane to damage, so its waterproofing qualities are completely unaffected by any further loadings.
Large areas of concrete can be treated quickly with Newton 104, making it extremely cost effective and an alternative to other membranes.
Uses of Newton 104
Newton 104 can be typically used in the following applications:
- Sealing of concrete surfaces
- Pile caps and ring beams
- Support plinths
- Isolation of internal walls from moisture in the kicker joint
- Isolation of internal walls from moisture at the abutment with earth retained walls
Applying Newton 104 Crystalline Concrete Waterproofer
Newton 104 is easy to apply. It is supplied as a powder that can be sprinkled onto new fresh concrete. Alternatively, it can be mixed with water and brush-applied as a slurry to older, fully cured or vertical concrete.
Older concrete should be mechanically prepared, all previous coatings removed and the substrate should be clean and sound before the application of Newton 104 Crystalline Tanking.
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
Permagard are proud to stock a wide range of Newton membranes and waterproofing products. If you have any questions about Newton concrete waterproofing, liquid waterproofing membranes or concrete repair please call our team on 0117 982 3282.
- Easy and quick to apply
- Penetrates deep into the concrete to form a barrier against moisture that cannot be damaged or punctured
- Doesn’t impact loading capabilities
- No physical membrane – subsequent concrete placement is ‘concrete to concrete’.
- Treated concrete remains vapour permeable, allowing the structure to breathe
- Very cost effective alternative to conventional physical membranes
- Seals cracks of up to 0.3mm - minimises the need for reinforcing steel
Model: JN104/25 SKU JN104/25 Manufacturer: Newton Waterproofing Packaging: Newton 104 is supplied in 25 kg bags. Size: 25kg unit Dilution: Ready to use as a powder or dilute 25kg of powder to 9-10 litres of clean water to make a slurry. Coverage: 1.0 kg per m² in one coat One 25 kg bag = approx. 25 m² (See technical data sheet for slurry application) Colour Grey CE Mark EN 1504-3:2005 Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom
Other Products You May Be Interested In
RRP £68.50 Ex VAT£58.00 Ex VAT £69.60 Inc VAT
RRP £62.00 Ex VAT£42.00 Ex VAT £50.40 Inc VAT
RRP £231.00 Ex VAT£136.50 Ex VAT £163.80 Inc VAT