Basement Floor Insulation
Newton Fibran XPS 500-C is a 50mm deep, closed-cell thermal insulation board that creates a supporting spacer below the floor drainage membrane. The basement floor insulation is made from rigid extruded polystyrene foam (XPS), which is extremely resistant to water absorption, meaning it can be permanently submerged in water.
The Newton Fibran XPS 500-C basement insulation boards are used to form a 50mm spacer adjacent to the Basedrain and Floordrain drainage channels within the Newton System 500 cavity drain waterproofing system. The insulation boards are rated at 500 kPa and feature specifically designed slots to the underside of the boards. In combination with the perimeter and spine drainage channels of Newton System 500, they form a fully drained supporting spacer below the floor drainage membrane.
The insulation boards can also be used as a protection for Newton System 200 liquid applied waterproofing membranes applied externally to new earth retained structures or retained walls, uniquely offering protection, insulation and drainage within one product.
This basement insulation product is manufactured in accordance with EN 13164 – “Thermal insulation products for buildings – Factory made products of extruded polystyrene (XPS)-specification.”
Typical Closed Cell basement insulation Applications
- As the spacer below Newton System 500 flooring membranes
- Protection of Newton System 200 liquid applied waterproofing membranes applied externally to retained walls
- Insulated support below Newton 403 HyrdroBond waterproofing membrane
- Parking decks and green roofs
- Full external envelope insulating of subterranean structures sited permanently within the water table
- Compacted, clean, and level surfaces
- Basement concrete floor slabs and rafts
- Earth retained walls of concrete, mortar or ICF
- Compacted blinding
Permagard - Here to help
If you need more information on basement insulation or basement waterproofing systems in general then our expert team are here to help. Call us on 0117 982 3282.
- Excellent thermal insulation characteristics with a very low coefficient of thermal conductivity
- Closed cell structure with no connecting capillaries resulting in extremely high resistance to water absorption and diffusion of water vapour
- Capable of permanent submersion in water
- Fully inert when subjected to climatic variations
- High mechanical and compressive strength and high dimensional stability
- Contains no CFC or HCFC’s
- Life expectancy is equivalent to the building in which it is installed (estimated 50 years)
- 100% recyclable
- Easy to transport, cut and apply
- Completely rot proof and does not develop any mould or other efflorescence
- No nutritional value for rodents, insects, etc
- Good resistance to acids, alkalines, aggressive ground containments and inorganic gases
Model: JNFXPS500 SKU JNFXPS500 Manufacturer: Newton Waterproofing Packaging: pack of 8 boards Size: 50mm x 1000mm x 600mm/ 0.6m² per board / 8 boards per pack 4.8m² Coverage: 0.6m² per board / 4.8m² per pack Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom
Other Products You May Be Interested In