Slimline Flooring Membrane
Newton 601 Slimline is a high-grade floor membrane used primarily for isolating moisture sensitive flooring from dampness in the floor slab. It can also be used as the floor membrane as part of Newton System 500 when the survey has ascertained that no risk of water entering through the body of the slab exists.
Newton 601 Slimline allows for the installation of sensitive flooring to be laid above ‘green’, still curing concrete as soon as the concrete is walkable, usually around two days. This significantly reduces project times. With a loading capability of over 1000kN/m2, Newton 601 Slimline flooring membrane is able to resist very high compressive loading and is suitable for use as a high load DPC within structural block walls, especially when used to connect the wall and floor membranes within Newton System 500.
Newton 601 Slimline is guaranteed against deterioration for 30 years, and has a life expectancy of at least 50 years (DIN 9001:2000). Newton 601 Slimline is inert and is highly resistant to water, alkalies, saline solutions and organic acids, and it is not affected by minerals. It is also resistant to bacteria, fungi and other small organisms. Newton 601 is the thinnest profile membrane within the Newton floor membrane profile.
Newton 601 Slimine Typical Applications:
- To protect flooring from not yet cured slabs
- Above contaminated floors
- High grade DPM
- As the damp-proof floor membrane for use with Newton System 800 damp-proofing wall membranes
- Can be used as the flooring membrane within a Newton System 500 waterproofing specification if specified by a trained waterproofing surveyor (see Limitations)
Newton 601 Slimline Suitable Floor Coverings:
- Tongue & groove particle boards
- Laminate flooring
- Sports floors
- Moisture sensitive timber flooring
Newton 601 Slimline Associated Products:
- Newton Waterseal Tape - for double sided vapour controlled jointing
- Newton Overtape - for single sided vapour controlled jointing and sealing around protrusions through the membrane
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
Permagard are proud to stock a wide range of Newton membranes and waterproofing products. If you have any questions about Newton green roof or drainage membranes contact our technical team on 0117 982 3282.
- A tough damp proofing flooring membrane that can be laid on top of damp concrete floors or newly laid floor slabs
- Thicker than conventional damp proofing membranes
- Cost-effective, fast and safe installation.
- Recycled material in centre layer
- Good sound proofing capabilities
- Easy to join using Newton Waterseal sealing tape
- Patented ‘X’ pattern allows for vapour movement and vapour equalisation allowing the drying of the damp floor
Model: JN601SF40 SKU JN601SF40 Manufacturer: Newton Waterproofing Packaging: individually Size: 2.08mts x 20mts x 1mm Coverage: 40m² Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom
Good quality as usual from NewtonGood quality high density damp proof membrane, was very impressed with this product which I used below a new wooden floor, easy to lay, cut bend and join. Guess I knew it would be a good product being made by Newton Waterproofing. Plus fast delivery.
Quality Price Value
Newton 601 Slimline Data Sheet (220.4 KB)