Newton 508 Clear Membrane 40m²
Clear Membrane for Walls & Floors - 40m²
Newton 508 is used for both walls and floors in water ingress situations. It is supplied as a clear membrane to aid selection of good fixing points particularly when fixing to random stone or friable brickwork.
Newton 508 is made from 0.67mm High Density Polyethylene, making it the thickest and strongest membrane in its class. This results in an extremely tough and resistant membrane that is better able to resist everyday site impact damage. The 8mm stud profile is ideal for use as both a wall and floor membrane in the majority of circumstances. The square pattern of the 8mm studs allows for sharper detailing to corners and around protrusions compared to diamond studded membranes.
When used as part of a below ground waterproofing system, Newton 508 should be used in conjunction with with the Base Drain drainage system. Newton 508 is guaranteed against deterioration for 30 years, and has a life expectancy of at least 50 years (DIN 9001:2000)
Uses of Newton 508
Newton 508 is a basement floor and wall membrane that forms part of Newton System 500 - a ‘Type C’ basement waterproofing system. It is designed for waterproofing earth-retaining structures below ground.
It can be used as a wall or floor membrane in the following scenarios.
- Cellars / Basements
Newton 508 Associated Products:
- Newton Multi Plugs - for fixing the membrane to walls
- Newton Nu Seal Plugs - for fixing the membrane to walls
- Newton Cob Plugs - for fixing the membrane to poorer quality substrate such as cob walls
- Newton Waterseal Rope - for sealing plugs
- Newton Waterseal Tape - for sealing membrane joints
- Newton Mastic - an alternative to sealing with rope and tape
Installing Newton 508 Clear
Newton 508 is quick and easy to install. Follow manufacturer’s installation instructions around the Newton System 500. This basement floor and wall membrane should be installed along with drainage channels and a Newton sump pump system to provide protection for property owners.
Finishing: Once the membrane has been installed, you need to protect it with a screed, a timber floor on a fixed lattice, insulation or underfloor heating.
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
Permagard are proud to stock a wide range of Newton membranes and waterproofing products. If you have any questions about Newton green roof or drainage membranes contact our technical team on 0117 982 3282.
- Does not require extensive and damaging preparation to the wall surface
- Speed of installation
- Life expectancy of at least 50 years (DIN 9001:2000)
- BBA-certified floor membrane (Certificate 94/3010)
- Provides vapour control when used with humidity control systems and is capable of delivering an environment to all levels within a Grade 3 environment to BS 8102:2009
- 508R is independently certified as a barrier to hydrocarbon gases, radon and methane
- Resistant to rot, chemically aggressive groundwater, acids and alkalines, efflorescing salts and hydrocarbon contamination
|Size:||2mts x 20mts 40m²|
Certification No: 94/3010
Approved by the British Board of Agreement
|Country of Manufacture:||United Kingdom|
Need more information?
- Newton 508 Clear Data Sheet (907.8 KB)