Helical Spiral Bars 3 Metre
Helical Spiral bars are designed for crack stitching repairs to masonry walls and brickwork. Helical Spiral bars are installed with either resin or cementitious grout across cracks in a wall to increase the tensile and flexural strength of masonry. The cracked wall is reconnected, tensile forces redistributed along the full length of the bar and the stabilised structure restored to full strength.
Helical Spiral bars provide an effective masonry reinforcement solution for new construction and for remedial work in existing buildings. They are suitable for concrete reinforcement applications as well and offer a strong permanent stainless steel solution.
Uses of Helical Spiral Bars
- Masonry Bed Joint Reinforcement
- Anti-crack reinforcement around door/window openings
- Provides extra strength in footings, parapets and retaining walls
- Suitable for certain types of thin pre-cast concrete sections such as pre-cast panels and pre-cast doors and window details
Unlike the 1 metre bars that are used solely for crack-stitching, the 3 metre helical spiral bars can be used for different purposes.
They can be cut down or used as a full length in the following situations:
- Tying multiple cracks that are close together
- Lintel repair - helical spiral bars can be bonded into slots above an existing lintel as a repair.
- Creating or repairing flat arch lintels
- Creating masonry beams – these longer bars can be used as masonry beams to distribute building loads. In particular to prevent subsidence or horizontal displacement related to bowing walls.
Return for more Crack Stitching products
- Helical Spiral Bars can be cut to any length on site
- Manufactured in 304 Stainless Steel
- Can be easily bent into any shape
- Suitable for a wide range of uses in new construction and remedial work
Model: SSHSB6/30/50 SKU SSHSB6/30/50 Manufacturer: Permagard Packaging: Pack of 50 Size: 6mm x 3 metres
Review on helical spiral barsUsed for remedial work and very impressed with the results. I recommend these to anyone thinking of repairing cracked walls.
Price Value Quality
Crack Stitching Kit Brochure (163.5 KB)