Radbar Amber 1 Gas Barrier Membrane 4m x 12.5m
Amber 1 Radon Membrane
Radbar Amber 1 Radon Membrane is designed to stop the ingress of radon, methane and CO2 into properties, protecting the inhabitants from harmful ground gases and moisture. It is designed to be used in the construction of buildings.
The Amber 1 gas barrier floor membrane prevents the ingress of underground gases from naturally-occurring sources such as radon for the duration of the building life. The Amber 1 membrane is also impervious to water, providing a waterproof layer to stop moisture from the ground causing damage. As low-density polyethylene (LDPE) gas barriers, they are suitable only when no hydrostatic water pressure is being exerted.
Uses of Amber Gas Membrane
Radbar Amber 1 Gas Membrane is suitable for the following applications:
- Gas-resistant barrier to restrict the ingress of radon and other ground gases into buildings from naturally-occurring sources.
- A damp proof membrane that protects the building against water ingress from the ground.
The Amber 1 membrane should be considered if there is a potential risk of radon in the area.
Installing an Amber Radon Membrane
The Amber 1 radon membrane is designed for ease of installation. It can be installed by a competent general builder or a contractor that is experienced with gas membranes.
Ensure that the surface has a smooth finish with no projections or voids - this applies to both concrete slabs and brick and block work. The surface should also be free from dust and debris and dry.
Roll out the radon membrane, making sure it is aligned with the surface. Where overlaps are required, ensure that they overlap by a minimum of 150mm. Where the membranees overlap make sure they are dirt, dust and moisture-free. These joints can then be bonded together with Radbar Double-sided Jointing Tape and sealed with Radbar Single-sided Tape.
The membrane should be covered by a screed or other protective layer as soon as possible after installation. If blockwork protection is used, care must be taken to avoid damage to the membrane during construction.
If going around any pipe work, you can use Radbar Top Hats and correctly sealed.
If you wish to install underfloor heating, this will not impact the membrane.
Read our guide to installing gas membranes.
Important note: Don’t install the membrane in temperatures below 5°C. Avoid long term exposure to ultraviolet light. And remember the continuity of the gas protection must extend over the entire footprint of the building, and the gas membrane must be sealed to a gas-resistant damp-proof course.
The Radbar Radon System
The Radbar System is a high quality radon system protecting properties from ground gases. It consists of a membrane like the Amber 1 that extends the whole of the floor and walls. The system should also incorporate an underfloor ventilated radon sump or sumps, which can be subsequently converted to an active system by use of suitable ventilation fans.
Related gas membrane products:
- Radbar Double-sided Jointing Tape — for joints and lap
- Radbar Single-sided Overlap Tape.
- Radbar Top Hat Unit — to seal service entry points to the membrane
- Radbar gas sump — underfloor ventilated sump
- Radbar pre-formed corner details and cloaks — prefabricated details
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence
If you have any questions about gas membranes and how to install Radon membranes contact our experts. We provide free technical advice on 0117 982 3282.
- BBA-approved gas-resistant membrane
- Compliant with NHBC recommendations & CIRIA C665.
- Suitable for use as a radon gas barrier and a damp proof membrane.
- Independently tested for radon gas resistance - the membrane is capable of restricting the ingress of radon gas into a property
- Manufactured from high quality polymers
- Robust and has a high resistance to puncture. Over a smooth or blinded surface will not be damaged by foot or site traffic
- Resistance to water and water vapour — the membrane provides an effective barrier to the passage of liquid water and water vapour from the ground
- Resistance to underground gases —
- Durable gas membrane that will remain effective against the ingress of water and water vapour, and restrict the ingress of radon during the lifetime of the flooring construction in which it is installed
|Manufacturer:||Capital Valley Plastics|
|Size:||4m x 12.5m (50m²)|
|CE Mark:||EN 13967 : 2012|
Certification No: 92/3667
Approved by the British Board of Agreement
|Country of Manufacture:||United Kingdom|