Lateral Restraint Kits
Permagard's Lateral Restraints are designed to restrain bulging brickwork outer structure to the internal floor joists. The Lateral Restraint can be fitted from outside the property with a minimum of disturbance - in most cases all that is required is lifting the floorboards to determine the position of the joists. The same restraint is used to suit different situations like joists bearing into the wall and joists parallel to the wall.
Our Lateral Restraint Wall Tie Kit Includes:
- 5 x Stainless Steel Lateral Restraint (1m or 1.5m)
- 1 x Easi-Fix Lateral Restraint Fixing Key (fits standard drill chuck)
- 1 x 14mm x 450mm SDS Masonry Drill Bit
- 1 x 300ml Polyester Resin Styrene Free + Mixer Nozzle
- 1 x Resin Applicator
Installing Lateral Restraints
- Drill a 14mm hole through both brick outer and inner leaf.
- Push the long restraint into the pilot hole and attach the lateral restraint fixing key.
- The lateral restraint is slowly wound through the joists leaving the outer end recessed approximately 15mm.
- The outer end can now be tested for strength of fix (typically 5Kn - 10Kn)
- The outer end of the lateral restraint is then resin bonded into the brick work and finished off with either mortar or mastic.
- Masonry drill
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
If you would like more information on installing lateral restraints or how to restrain bulging brickwork then speak to our technical team today on 0117 982 3282. Return to our Structural Repair section.
- Contains all you need in one kit
- Effectively restrain bulging brickwork
- Easy installation with minimum disturbance
- Manufactured from 304 Stainless Steel
Model: SSLRK/ SKU SSLRK/ Manufacturer: Permagard Packaging: as a kit Size: 8mm x 1m / 1.5m Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom