Clear meshed waterproofing membrane
Newton 508 Mesh is a clear meshed waterproofing membrane that insulates and isolates damp and contaminated walls, vaults and basements. It should be used as part of Newton System 508 where a surface key is required for the final wall finish. Its high quality meshed surface provides an excellent substrate for lime mortars, renders, plasters or dabbed plasterboard.
Newton 508 Mesh is made from 0.67mm High Density polyethylene, making it the thickest and strongest membrane in its class. This results in an extremely tough and resistant waterproofing membrane better able to resist every day site impact damage.
The square pattern of the 8mm studs allows for sharper detailing to corners, around nibs and other protrusions than the diamond stud membranes from other suppliers.
Newton 508 Mesh Key Benefits:
- BBA Certified as a waterproofing membrane as part of Newton System 500
- Does not require extensive and damaging preparation to the wall surface
- Polyethylene netting is 'welded' to the surface of the membrane during the manufacturing process producing an incredibly well bonded surface mesh
- Waterproofing that is guaranteed to work when used as part of our System 500 installed by approved contractor within our NSBC registered contractor scheme
Newton 508 Mesh Typical Applications:
- As a damp proof base for renders, plasters or dot & dab plasterboard within Newton System 500 waterproofing system
- Areas where space is limited such as stairways
- As a render base to external areas of the waterproofing scheme such as light-well walls
- Vaulted soffits or curved walls where a dry-lining frame may not be appropriate
- Meshed surface provides a superb key for renders, plasters or for Dot & Dab Plasterboard
- Thickest and strongest membrane in its class
Model: JN508M40 SKU JN508M40 Manufacturer: Newton Waterproofing Packaging: individually Size: 2mts x 20mts Coverage: 40m² BBA Certificate: Certification No: 94/3010
Approved by the British Board of Agreement
Newton 508 Mesh Data Sheet (886.6 KB)
Other Products You May Be Interested In