Microshield Water Repellent
Microshield is a high performance water based water repellent that effectively treats exterior surfaces including masonry, brick, concrete, natural and reconstituted stone to protect against penetrating damp. It is fast-acting product based on silanes and siloxanes.
Microshield is safe and easy to apply by brush, roller or coarse spray and air cures rapidly even at near zero temperatures. When dry, it provides a colourless, protective microporous layer that is highly water shedding and water repelling against driven rainwater. Unlike traditional solvent based silicone fluids, Microshield can be applied onto fresh, cured, highly alkaline, cement based surfaces, whether dry or damp. It is not suitable for application to wet, green uncured cements/concrete, or as a DPC layer.
Where can I use Microshield Water Repellent?
Surfaces suitable for treatment include:
- External walls of brick, clinker, natural stone, sandstone, mortars, mineral render, porous concrete, concrete (new and old), limestone, cement render finish. Walls need to be sound and free from cracks and pointing defects.
- Concrete floors – cement screed or concrete floors can be treated to consolidate and bind friable, porous surfaces and produce a dust free, breathable micro-porous seal.
- Any new or repaired cementitious surface. These can be treated and water proofed immediately the structure is cured and hard.
Benefits of Microshield:
- Water based, non hazardous, one coat system is quick and convenient to apply
- Brushes, rollers and spray equipment rinse out with water (Note: Clean brushes etc immediately after use, do not allow to dry out, cured product is not water soluble)
- Solvent free, non flammable. No fire risks, no hazardous solvent vapours or fumes.
- Not effected by the highly alkaline content of fresh new cement and so can be used immediately concrete is cured (3-5 days)
- Professional product for the damp proofing and waterproofing industry.
- Micro-porous nature of the treatment allows rapid dry out and leaves the surfaces to "breath".
Preparation and Application
Surfaces to be treated should be free from oil, grease, dust or paint layers and capable of absorbing the Microshield fluid. Test a small, representative area to ensure the product is not repelled and also that the dry finished surface appearance is acceptable.
- Repair all significant cracks, fissures and faulty pointing on horizontal or vertical surfaces prior to treatment.
- It is advisable to mask off all sensitive areas such as windows, painted surfaces and decorative metal work, particularly before spraying, since once dry
Microshield is difficult to remove. Similarly ensure any vehicles, garden furniture, plants etc are protected or moved to a safe distance whilst treatment is carried out.
- Apply a full, generous coat to refusal by brush, roller or coarse spray. In very hot weather greater absorption is obtained by pre damping the surface.
- Remove all surplus/excess treatment with a damp cloth before Microshield drys out and cures.
- Do not use/apply if temperatures below 5°C are expected.
- Easy to apply
- Fully breathable system
- Highly effective penetrating damp treatment
- Solvent free
- Prevents the penetration of wind-driven rain and surface moisture
Model: WRMS5 SKU WRMS5 Manufacturer: Permagard Packaging: individually Size: 5ltr Dilution: ready to use Coverage: 3-8 m² per litre dependent on porosity of surface Country of Manufacture: United Kingdom
Problem solvedAfter doing my research I decided to opt for a sprayable water repellent that I could apply to my exposed gable wall. I found Microshield which is a single coat application unlike most of the other products that I came across which are two coats. I applied a single coat to the wall back in May 2017 and over the summer it has dried out and we have not had any further issues with damp in our wall.
Value Quality Price
Microshield Data Sheet (695 KB)
Other Products You May Be Interested In
RRP £175.00 Ex VAT£98.00 Ex VAT £117.60 Inc VAT
HOT ITEMRRP £99.50 Ex VAT£65.50 Ex VAT £78.60 Inc VAT