PermaSEAL Green Roof Growers Kit - 10m²
Transform your home or garden with our easy to use green roof kit - it contains all you need to install a beautiful, environmentally friendly green roof on your shed, extension, garage and more.
DIY Wildflower Green Roof Kit - Create A Living Roof
Our Permagard Green Roof Growers Kit contains all the components needed to create a beautiful and healthy green roof for your home, garden or office. It uses high quality components that are easy to install and deliver all the benefits of a living roof.
Our living roof kit allows you to:
- Easily install a green roof on any roof with a pitch under 9.5°
- Attract wildlife and help improve the environment
- Enjoy an attractive living roof
- Save on energy
Growers Green Roof Kit contains:
Our green roof kit has been carefully put together to contain all you need to successfully grow a living roof.
- 1 x 14m² (1.12m x 12.5m) PermaSEAL Root Barrier Membrane
- 1 x 10m² (1m x 10m) PermaSEAL 8 Green Roof Drainage Membrane
- 1 x 10m PermaSEAL Double Sided Jointing Tape
- 22 x 25 kg bags of growing medium - provides 80mm depth as per GRO guidelines
- 1 x Wildflower Seeds 30g - Green Roof Mix
Important note: the drainage membrane will cover approx. 9m² taking into account the overlaps.
For your convenience and to reduce environmental impact, we ship all items on a pallet for £56.
Green Roof Systems
Green roofs work by bringing together specific components in a system to allow wildflowers to thrive. The primary waterproofing protects your roof - usually timber or concrete - whereas the root barrier stops roots from causing damage. The green roof drainage membrane ensures your plants have enough water but don’t become water-logged. Aluminium edge strips make sure your growing medium and plants remain on the roof and also help with drainage.
Where can you install a green roof?
Our DIY green roof kit is suitable for 10m² (gently sloped flat or low pitched roofs under 9.5°) as long as some basic design rules are followed. You need to make sure the structure can support the weight of the green roof system. As a rough guide our substrate is 100kg/m² fully saturated at 80mm. Always consult a structural engineer to assess roof load capabilities.
Our green roofs can be installed on:
- Cycle shelters
- Shipping containers
If your green roof is larger than 10m², speak to us and discuss your options.
Shed Green Roof Kit
One of the most popular choices for our products is as a shed green roof kit. It’s an easy, attractive feature that is easy to install on a range of sheds. It can add colour to any garden and transform sheds and outside offices.
Green roof accessories - what else you might need for your green roof:
Primary Waterproofing - Many sheds, outbuildings and structures are already waterproofed sufficiently for a green roof. If you are not confident that your existing roof is suitably waterproofed you will need a liquid roof waterproofer and scrim:
- Polyshield Liquid Roof Membrane Basecoat & Topcoat - This two-part system (sold separately) is ideal as it’s suitable for both wood and concrete slabs, comes with a 15 year guarantee. It can also be used over existing waterproofing. Larger commercial jobs may want to consider MB2K+
- Reinforcing Roofing Scrim - reinforce all joints around protrusions with a reliable woven textile scrim
Type of roof - Depending on where you want to install your green roof and the existing structure, you will need a number of accessories. Permagard sell all the accessories you need, but you will need to specify your requirements. Here are some pointers:
Flat roofs - if your flat roof doesn’t have an upstand, lip of more than one inch or front edge you should consider the following to aid with drainage and keeping your growing materials in place:
- Aluminium Perimeter Edge Trim - Aluminium edge trims & connector [Aluminium Edge Trim 1m (L) x 100m (H) x 120mm (W) & Aluminium Edge Trim Connector]
- Perimeter Pebbles - you sometimes need 150mm of pebbles around the perimeter and any protrusion such as skylight
Note: Smaller sheds and structures do not always need the above.
Pitched Roof - With pitched roofs without upstands and lips you should consider installing a timber edge that allows for drainage but also contains all of your growing medium. Our systems can still be compatible with pitches over 9.5° but greater consideration is required for retaining the membrane and growing medium/vegetation.
Using a green roof kit
Our green roof kits have been designed to be easy to install. However, you need to complete each stage carefully, following the instructions.
Installing a green roof
- Prepare roof
- Waterproof roof
- Install Root Barrier
- Install green roof drainage membrane
- Growing medium / substrate
- Sew your plants
Read more detailed information on installing a living roof in our Green Roof Construction Guide.
Permagard - Providing Solutions. Inspiring Confidence.
Permagard are proud to be offering professional green roof systems in easy to use kits. We wanted to allow anyone to transform their home or spaces with a living roof. We’ve created a range of guides to give you the confidence you need in creating and maintaining a healthy green roof. If you have a bigger green roof job, intensive or extensive, please contact us to discuss how we can provide the best solution.
- all you need to create a green roof
- no need for previous experience
- no need for irrigation thanks to the drainage membrane retaining sufficient water
- simple to install
- colour and diversity from wildflower
|Packaging:||As a kit|
|Size:||1 x 10m roll - 10m²|
|Coverage:||Up to 10m² - Roll is supplied as a 1m x 10m however allowance should be calculated for overlaps of approx 50mm|
|Country of Manufacture:||United Kingdom|