PermaSEAL Drainage Channel 2m
Basement Drainage Channel with upstand controls water ingress to a suitable evacuation point.
Perimeter Drainage Channel with Upstand
PermaSEAL Basement Drainage Channels collect and safely transport water as part of a Type C cavity drain system. Installed at the bottom of a cavity drain membrane at the wall/floor junction, the drainage channel effectively channels water to a suitable outlet. This relieves hydrostatic water pressure in basements and cellars, and protects the structure.
Part of PermaSEAL’s basement waterproofing channel system, the plastic perimeter channel is designed to divert water efficiently, allowing it to flow through to a sump chamber or suitable outlet. PermaSEAL’s drainage channels are designed to avoid silt and salt build up within the channels and at joins, with a smooth flush interior maintained throughout. Drainage connectors allow you to easily lock lengths of drainage channel together without the need for tape.
The drainage channel features an upstand for use in front of the cavity drain wall membrane. This upstand allows the floor or wall membrane to be sealed to the drainage channel with PermaSEAL Corner Strip.
The drainage channel has engineered 19mm holes in the back of the channel to allow any water ingress to freely pass into the channel to be taken away to an evacuation point.
Looking for a drainage channel without an upstand? These are suitable for doors, and when running basement waterproofing channels across the middle of the slab/floor
Benefits of PermaSEAL Perimeter Drainage Channel
PermaSEAL Perimeter Drainage Channel deliver the following benefits:
- relieves hydrostatic water pressure in a cellar or basement
- efficiently disperses water around the perimeter of the structure to a sump chamber or safe evacuation point
- slot into a complete range of connectors in our PermaSEAL basement drainage system without the need for tape
- when used with jetting eyes it constitutes a fully maintainable system which complies with BS 8102 regulations
Dimensions of drainage channel with and without upstand:
Installing PermaSEAL Basement Drainage Channel
Our perimeter drainage channels are easy to install as part of PermaSEAL’s basement drainage system. They are installed below the basement floor membranes at the floor/wall junction.
The drainage channel can be laid in four ways.
Above the existing slab with insulation:
Channel should be laid around the perimeter on top of the existing slab (it needs to be level) and directed to the sump chamber. The area of the floor enclosed by the drainage channel should then be raised by installing 50mm Fibran XPS insulation.
Above the existing slab with a sacrificial screed:
A preformed gap of 50mm deep by 100mm wide from the wall should be created around the perimeter before the concrete is poured.
In the existing slab:
The channel should be laid in a trough cut into the basement slab. Generally a gap of 50mm deep by 100mm wide from the wall will be sufficient. If a larger recess is created, the channels should be laid in a minimum of 20mm aggregate.
A preformed gap of 50mm deep by 100mm wide from the wall at new floor level should be created around the perimeter before the concrete is poured. A structural engineer should be consulted to determine the thickness of the slab at the perimeter below the channel.
The drainage channels easily slot into our range of connectors without the need for tape:
- 2 metre drainage channel without upstand - floor drain
- Straight drainage connector
- Corner Piece
- Jetting eye
- End Cap
- Drainage Channel Adaptor - for outlet pipe
PermaSEAL - Complete Solutions. Made Possible.
Our PermaSEAL basement drainage channels are high quality and easy to use. They ensure that water ingress is safely channeled in a Type C waterproofing system. If you have any questions around our PermaSEAL complete cavity drain system get in touch. With over thirty years’ experience in basement waterproofing, we’re here to help.
- Effectively relieves hydrostatic water pressure
- Essential part of a Type C waterproofing system
- Channels water to a safe evacuation point
- Part of PermaSEAL basement drainage system
- Effortlessly connects with all other drainage connectors
- Protects your structure, property and possessions from water ingress
- Compatible with Jetting Eyes inspection ports to allow inspection and maintenance
|Coverage:||2 linear metres|
|Country of Manufacture:||United Kingdom|
Need more information?
Thank you for leaving a review on this product!
If you need more help, check out the downloads for more product information, or our fantastic Help & Advice centre!
Review this product
Share your thoughts about this product with other customers, write a review.
- PermaSEAL Drainage Channel Data Sheet (185.0 KB)