Concrete repair mortar
Fast setting multi-use concrete repair mortar for repairing concrete in just a few hours. It combines bonding layer, coarse and fine mortar all in one bag for fast concrete repairs in facade areas.
- For fast and economical repair of superficial damage on concrete, reinforced concrete and light-weight concrete.
- For quickly closing and smoothing off broken out areas in any layer thickness.
- Excellent working properties and excellent adhesion to the substrate.
- Can be coated over after 2-3 hours.
Range Of Use:
- Fast concrete repairs on facades
- For repairing superficial damage on concrete, reinforced concrete and light-weight concrete
- Cementitious corrosion protection for reinforcement steel (when modified with Funcosil Cementitious Rust Inhibitor)
- Fast setting, cementitious filling mortar for closing broken out areas. No additional bonding layer required!
- Fast setting cementitious filler and felting mortar for closing pipes, pores and unevenness
- For reworking broken off corners and edges and for closing bar spacers, broken out areas and gravel pockets
Preparing for Concrete Repairs
The substrate must be sound, load-bearing and free of any substances that could interfere with the adhesion of the mortar. These include release agents, micro-organisms, efflorescence, sanding etc.
Remove all loose, soft and hollow constituents by mechanical means. The resulting substrate must be sufficiently rough and absorbent to ensure a bond with Betofix RM.
Pour 5 litres of water into a clean container and add 25 kg of Betofix RM. Mix thoroughly with a mixer / drill and paddle for approximately 3 minutes and until the consistency is proper for working. The quantity of water added for 5 kg is 1.0 litres. Partial amounts can be mixed in a ratio of 1 part by volume water to 3.5 parts by volume powder.
Betofix RM sets quickly and can be coated over the same day. Mix only the quantity of mortar that can be applied within 20 to 40 minutes (depending on temperature). Betofix Repair Mortar starts to set during potlife, allowing even deep broken out areas to be completely closed in one working operation.
When used as a surface filler, Betofix RM can be kept smooth within the first 20 minutes without adding more water by stirring.
Closing Broken Out Areas
Do not pre-wet the concrete substrate before applying Betofix RM. The mortar can be applied to dry or damp (not wet) substrates. After mixing, apply Betofix RM with a trowel in the desired layer thickness and then smooth. An additional bonding layer is not necessary. After 15-30 minutes the surface can be rubbed fine and smooth with a red sponge float. If necessary, the surface can be finished to match the texture of the surface.
Apply Betofix RM to the dry or matt damp substrate as a filler for pipes or as a coating. The surface is then worked as desired by felting, rubbing, smoothing or texturing.
- Complete concrete repairs in just a few hours.
- Versatile, fast repair mortar, for corrosion protection,
- Can be used as a coarse and fine mortar. No bonding layer required!
- Very easy to use, high yielding.
- Can be drawn out to seamless, felted and worked overhead.
- Can be applied in any thickness, high tensile strength.
- Excellent adhesion.
- Very low stress and crack-free.
- Binds water quickly, can be coated over after 2-3 hours.
- Frost resistant, can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Can be worked by machine.
Model: 0000109225 SKU RMBRM25 Manufacturer: Remmers Packaging: individually Size: 25 Kilo bag Dilution: The liquid demand is 5 litres of water per 25 kilo bag Coverage: A general guide of approx. 1.2 kg/m²> per mm layer CE Mark EN 1504 – 3: 2005 Country of Manufacture: Germany