PermaSEAL 8 Mesh is a high quality cavity drain waterproofing membrane suitable for use internally above and below ground to isolate damp or wet walls from integral finishes. Can be used in damp proofing and waterproofing situations.
Basement Waterproofing Membrane Kit - 40m²
PermaSEAL 8 Mesh is a high quality high density polyethylene (HDPE) membrane suitable for use in waterproofing structures below ground level (basements) and isolating damp walls above ground level. The stud depth of 8mm provides a suitable air gap for use as a wall applied membrane.
- 1 x PermaSEAL 8 Mesh Waterproofing Membrane 2m x 20m (40m²)
- 1 x PermaSEAL Tape (for membrane jointing)
- 800 x PermaSEAL Plaster Plugs 60mm
- 800 x PermaSEAL Sealing Washers
- 1 x 7mm SDS Drill Bit
PermaSEAL 8 Mesh is suitable for use in accordance with BS8102:2009 to provide Type 'C' drained protection to structures below ground providing a Grade 3 dry environment suitable for domestic or commercial use.
It is essential that if applied in this way it is used in conjunction with the PermaSEAL Sump and Pump System (unless passive drainage is available on one side of the building) and that this is maintained throughout the lifetime of the installation.
PermaSEAL 8 Mesh is guaranteed for 30 years and has a life expectancy of at least 50 years (DIN 9001:2000). P-Seal 8 Mesh is an inert product with high compressive loading stability. It is highly resistant to water, alkalis, saline solutions and organic acids, and is not affected by minerals. It is also resistant to bacteria, fungi, and other small organisms.
This mesh waterproofing membrane can accept a range of wall finishes. The mesh fabric welded to the face of the membrane is the ideal key for direct render finishes or for dot and dab plasterboard. PermaSEAL Mesh membranes are ideal for use where space is at a premium for example staircases small rooms etc as when finished with a render the total surface thickness can be as slim as 20mm including the membrane.
Read our for more on how to complete basement waterproofing and converting basements.
- The mesh fabric welded to the face of the membrane is the ideal key for direct render finishes or for dot and dab plaster board.
- 8mm stud depth providing 5.5 litres of drainage volume per m2
- High compressive load bearing strength 200kN/m2
- Waterproof, salt resistant, root resistant, contaminant resistant
- Easy to bend, form around windows, doors, vaulted ceilings etc
- Easy to cut with scissors
- Low and high temperature tolerances
|Packaging:||As a kit|
|Size:||2m x 20m x 8mm|
|Colour:||Clear with mesh membrane|
|Country of Manufacture:||United Kingdom|
Need more information?
- PermaSEAL 8 Mesh Data Sheet (602.4 KB)