Platon Cavity Drain Membrane
Platon P8 is a tough and economical cavity drain membrane for both remedial and new build construction. As a tanking membrane, it is suitable for below ground tanking applications, such as in Type C waterproofing of basements. When used in a cavity drainage membrane design along with a sump pump, the 8mm stud of the membrane allows water to drain away safely.
The membrane is primarily used on walls, but can also be used on floors. Platon P8 can also be used above ground to isolate walls that are damp or contaminated with salts.
Manufactured from high density polyethylene (HDPE), these Platon tanking membranes are water impermeable as well as resistant to Radon gas.
Installing a Platon tanking membrane
Platon P8 is easy to install. Despite the membrane’s toughness, it remains pliable, allowing you to preform it around corners. You can cut the tanking membrane to size on site with a knife or scissors.
You have the option of finishing it with or without an independent stud wall. By using Platon Brick Plugs, you have the option to finish the membrane with baton and board.
Alternatively, it can be installed as part of a floating dry board system fitted on floors which can be insulated before the addition of plasterboard finish. Fixtures, fittings walls and staircases can be built off Platon 8 Clear membrane (seek technical advice for structural or load bearing walls). When used as a floor membrane insulation, underfloor heating, screed and floating floors can all be accommodated.
For more details on installing a cavity drain membrane, read our guide to waterproofing basement
- Platon Brick Plugs - for fixing the membrane to walls
- Platon Plaster Plugs - for fixing meshed membrane to walls
- Platon Rope - for sealing plugs
- Platon Tape - for sealing membrane joints
- Platon Corner Strip - for sealing wall/floor joints or protrusions through the membrane
- Platon Aqua Channel - for removal of water to evacuation points
- BBA Certificated
- 8mm cavity drain membrane for internal use (Type C)
- Suitable for both walls and floors, above or below ground
- Impermeable to water, gas and water vapour
- Resistant to common chemicals used in building construction
Model: PL8C40 SKU PL8C40 Manufacturer: Platon Packaging: individual Size: 2.05m x 20m x 8mm Dilution: N/A Coverage: 40m² CE Mark Platon P8 is CE marked in accordance with EN 13967 and EN 13984. BBA Certificate: Certification No: 01/3823
Approved by the British Board of Agreement
Country of Manufacture: Norway
Platon P8 Data Sheet (166.4 KB)